Πέμπτη 25 Ιουλίου 2013

Kodak Vest Pocket, from World War I

I found this Vest Pocket Kodak in an antique store. It is a very small folder camera, uses 127 film and needs no focusing. There are 4 aperture settings, (around f8, 11, 16 and 22) and 4 shuuter selections, 1/50th sec, 1/25th, B (Bulb, shutter stays open while the release lever is pressed) and T (Press once opens the shutter, press again to make it close)
 The camera fits into a pocket and was easy to carry it to the front of World War I. As photographing was not permitted in the war zones the photos taken illegally by the soldiers are our main documentaries for life in the war.

The camera needs 127 film which is not produced anymore, so I put a 120 film cut to the size of 127 film. I also shortened the film and backing paper as the 127 spool is thinner than the 120 one. Unfortunately the camera cover opened many times exposing the film to light. I also think that there is light entering from back film window.

So these are the only pictures where there is a visible detail




Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου