Δευτέρα 2 Ιουνίου 2014

Ansco Memar (Agfa Silette) an average family camera of the fifties

The Ansco Memar is a German Agfa Silette made in the U.S.A. The design is an average camera design of the fifties marketed for the average family takers.
It has a 45mm / f3.5 lens, the f3.5 aperture is not very fast but not very slow, the focal length of 45mm is neither wide nor tele, it is the average standard.
It has a B setting and 1/25, 1/50, 1/100, 1/200 shutter speeds. There are not many speeds, but they are adequate.
I had the camera sitting for a long time. I have cleaned the shutter and the focussing helicoid, I also calibrated the infinity setting of the lens. 

I have put a colour Fuji film in the camera. It behaved good but not something to be excited about.
Here are the results


 The camera is very quiet and fast, nice for candids


 I converted these pictures to B/W, I liked them better






 A night exposure with the B setting


 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου