Παρασκευή 29 Νοεμβρίου 2013

Yashica T5 (T4 Super in the USA) mixed impressions

I found the famous Yashica T5 (T4 Super in the USA) for 5 euros in the flea market of Athens.
It is a fully automatic auto focus point and shoot camera, with minor control from the user, mainly flash options and infinity setting.
It is highly praised in the Internet as it has a sharp Zeiss Tessar 35mm lens, with a maximum aperture of f3.5.
There is also an additional viewfinder on the top of the camera that makes for easier composing and shooting from the hip.

I loaded with a Kodak Ultramax 400 ASA film that gives vivid colours but I was not impressed from the scanned photos.
I did not notice the sharp lens, the autofocus missed sometimes in the street - near subjects are out of focus and background is sharp, and while the camera favours faster speeds many of my shot suffered from camera shake.
However I changed the Jpgs in LR3 to have a vintage cinematic effect and the photos looked better.

Some samples from Vienna
 
 Shot from the hip, blurred subject
Shot from the hip

 
 Camera on the floor
 This was converted to B/W

 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου