Δευτέρα 27 Φεβρουαρίου 2012

Kiev 4 rangefinder

1959 Kiev 4 rangefinder camera with a Jupiter 8M 50mm/f2 lens, Soviet Contax clone.
Bought it backless for 10 euros in summer. I found a Jupiter-9 85mm/f2 for 50 euros but I failed to convert it for the EOS. So, with 2 lenses for the Kiev I've searched for a back. I found one last week and paid 20 euros.
Now I have a complete camera. Loaded a film but discovered that it's very hard to take pictures with it.
The viewfinder is a tiny slot and shows the 50mm perspective, focusing is easy only when there is a lot of light or enough contrast. Depth of field is not viewable. I must guess the picture width when using the 85mm. Also needs a special hold with two fingers, the Contax hold. A lightmeter is needed for the determination of correct exposure.
But it has that vintage look!




_

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου